Re: [OM] A.I. Gigapixel Test

Subject: Re: [OM] A.I. Gigapixel Test
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 21:32:07 +0100
I think you're correct.  My first plan was to refresh the laptop up to 16GB
but I'd have to buy two 8GB sticks as it currently has two 4GB sticks.
That would be £125.  And while I'm performing open-heart surgery I'd
replace the hdd with an SSD. Now I'm looking at throwing £200 at a 5-yr-old
machine.

So I've been speccing a desktop and it's looking like £750.  A desktop will
be easier to keep up-to-date so I'm ok with that.

Yes, Philippe, I did study the iMac range but the price is way, way higher
for even an entry-level model.  But we don't want to start a PC/Mac debate
here :-)

Thanks all,
jez