Re: [OM] Interesting Thrift Store Find

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting Thrift Store Find
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 21:36:55 -0700
On 9/13/2018 11:15 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      With the 616 film, it's probably about 500 MP.

I've scanned film from my father's Kodak folder, which took 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 film
holders or film packs.

I'm thinking more like 6 MP, perhaps (probably) less. :-)  I think I have 4x6 prints from my 2001 1.9 MP Canon S110 sharper than those from that old film.

I can gets lots of pixels in a scan, but no more actual detail than a low rez scan. Simple, cheap, uncoated lenses, poorly rigid front standards holding the lens, guesstimate focus and film notoriously not far from flat all contribute to lack of sharpness.

The film wasn't that spectacular, either. What can one get in 616 these days?

Nick Nack Moose