Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 119, Issue 15

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 119, Issue 15
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 10:05:43 -0700
> From: Christopher Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> They're a business; not a religion. You want something to blindly follow?

What I find confusing and amusing is the blind obedience to the cheapest thing.
This, in a group of people who (mostly) have paid a premium for camera gear! I
don't hear anyone saying, "Yea, Olympus has fantastic lenses and takes
wonderful pictures, but my Samsung cost me half as much!"

Back in the film days, I used to tell my photography students, "I have NEVER
looked at a photo and said, 'Gee, I wish I had shot that on cheaper film!'"

I learned that the hard way, by looking at my old photos and saying, "Gee, I
wish that had been on Kodachrome or Velvia." Instead, I got sucked into the
Kodak 5247 low-price thing ("prints AND slides for the same low price!"), and
have regretted it ever since.

Some things are worth paying extra for. And those things will be different from
person to person. Viva la differance!

Jan