Re: [OM] A.I. Gigapixel Test -Bill

Subject: Re: [OM] A.I. Gigapixel Test -Bill
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:28:16 -0700
> From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> On 9/16/2018 9:48 AM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>>>

>>> let you create lens profiles for lenses that were developed before profiles
>>> existed, like my OM Zuiko stable.
>>
>> One person's opinion, after careful comparisons - LensFun is
>> significantly poorer than PTLens and DxO's lens profiles... His [PTLens]
>> profiles are actually slightly better than DxO for some ?4/3 lenses.
>
> Thanks for that info. I'll look into it. When trying to get rid of CA in the
> OM 21/2, LensFun was the only one I came across.

PC Magazine says, "PTLens deserves hats off for being a pioneer in the
lens-profile-based corrections field... Just don't rely on it for chromatic
aberration correction."

I'll play with the demo, but I'm not willing to shoot them any money based on
PC Mag's feeble endorsement (3.5 stars out of 5), since correcting CA is my
main need.

Does this "one person" who recommends PTLens over LensFun have a name and/or a
reputation?

Jan