[OM] The Pro's, v.s. the Mortals

Subject: [OM] The Pro's, v.s. the Mortals
From: Willie Wonka via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 02:35:18 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
I just heard this morning Art Wolfe exclaiming the following:
"It is so nice to have the ability to view and verify the image immediately
after I took it."
Remember how you disparaged the rest of us for doing that and called it
"Chimping"?
I'm just curious to see how long it would take him and the other "pros" to
figure out that this its possible to do it on your screen prior to taking the
image. I have been doing that quite successfully since 2005, as the technology
was available on Minolta prior to that. Now, having the A65 with its high
resolution screen, it is much easier to do so.
I have not played with the most expensive Canon and Nikon models, but their
mid-tier offerings are just reaching the capability of my Minolta A200 when it
comes to live view. Honestly, I do not understand why one would look through a
peep hole, when all could be done by looking with both eyes at the screen.
Anyway, if you consider yourself a pro and are in his camp, it is officially ok
to "chimp" now.
Best
Boris