Re: [OM] The Pro's, v.s. the Mortals

Subject: Re: [OM] The Pro's, v.s. the Mortals
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 10:48:03 -0700
> From: Christopher Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> Is that lens for the original 4/3 SLR system? A 35-100 f2 would be awesome!

Yes. By everything I’ve read, one of the sharpest zooms ever made. Rivals prime
lenses wide open. But it’s built like a tank, and weighs about 1.7kg.
Focus-by-wire is a bit annoying, but it does a good job on my E-M1.2, even in
poor lighting.

This was once a $3,000 lens, and evilBay closings are still $900 and up, but I
snagged one from BorrowLenses.com <http://borrowlenses.com/> for $507. I was a
bit concerned about its condition, as it was rated 3.5 out of 5, and I could
imagine rental lenses getting abused, but it looks near-mint to me, with just a
bit of scuffing on the bottom of the tripod foot and a number scratched on the
lens hood. Glass is perfect. I highly recommend BorrowLenses.com
<http://borrowlenses.com/>!

Pics soon.

Jan