[OM] IMG: Mister Douglas May Fly Again

Subject: [OM] IMG: Mister Douglas May Fly Again
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 15:59:32 -0500
As many of you may know from my photos, the DC-3 Mister Douglas, which had a storied career following its launch in April 1941, has sat as a beloved monument at our local airport since losing an engine while hauling skydivers 18 years ago.  Now, an effort is underway to get it back in the air, once again hauling skydivers.

A  Florida group has re-covered the fabric control surfaces, and has one zero-time engine.  They are currently in a fund-raising effort to get a second engine.  Today, I visited with them during a 2-day work project to remove one engine and reinstall control surfaces.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20181002-DSCF7151.JPG.html

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20181002-DSCF7147.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols