Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/9/2018: a classic car, not quite up to Shulman

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/9/2018: a classic car, not quite up to Shulman standards
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 08:08:20 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     That's a DS19 (single pair of headlights).  It had that wonderful
hydropneumatic suspension system.  It and the subsequent DS21 and DS23 were
some of the most attractive cars ever made.

     You did not need a jack to change a wheel.  The suspension system plus a
rod did it for you.

>There was a small antique car show in the gardens of the Diputación de
>Alicante (one of the many layers of government we have here) at the
>weekend, so I went to have a look. The scene was not quite Shulmanesque,
>but it had its charms:
>
>https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4vz7HLG/A
>
>And I remember my French uncle having this car back in the 1970s.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson