Re: [OM] 4/3rds 35-100/2

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3rds 35-100/2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 17:58:40 -0400
On 10/4/2018 10:41 AM, Don Holbrook wrote:
Be very careful with these.  The least resistance installing is grounds to toss
them....don't ask

I've used three different brands and not run into any such problems.

On October 4, 2018 at 9:12 AM Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe this info helps? . . . . make it work? (Better test for strong mechanical
construction though...,

The key thing for heavy lenses is not overall construction so much as spring strength. There are springs behind the "ears" of the mount. None that I've tried have springs nearly as good as those on an Oly or Panny body. The result is a slight gap at the top of the mount.

Holding the lens with the left hand, which I do anyway with zooms, takes care
of it.

No Sag Moose