[OM] OT: Internet Browsers

Subject: [OM] OT: Internet Browsers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 07:25:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've been having fits with using AdBlock Plus.  You cannot shut off the
automatic updates except by disabling it completely.  And when it does update,
it resets all of your settings to default and wipes out any and all custom
blocking files.  This can be very annoying as I only just learned that the
left-hand column of Facebook pages is a serious vector for downloading
advertising, which virtually diables my laptop(s) when using certain wifi
connections.  You can disable that problem by adding a short script ina custom
blocking file.

     While trying to remedy this problem, I came across a web browser called
Brave.  Supposedly it is a product writtem by former Mozilla emplyees, and
includes a vigorous ad blocker, or so they claim.

     Anyone have any first-hand experience with this?

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson