Re: [OM] Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] Climate Change
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 11:09:09 -0800
> So, what I'm hearing is that a "consensus of climate scientists" carries as
> much weight with you as a consensus of political pundits on Fox News.

That's pretty funny. But the same can be said for MSNBC and CNN. They
also dial it up to 11.

There are four things that shouldn't mix: Religion, Politics, Science,
and Sex. Unfortunately, these days, it is fashionable and acceptable
on both sides to mix and match those items for whatever purpose you
want. Whether it's "human caused (i.e. United States) Climate Change
or the #MeToo movement, these are weapons to be used for political
gain. As a survivor of multiple sex-assaults, I take great offense to
this latest round of lunacy that has jumped the shark.

Context is everything. Whether the subject is climate change or
#MeToo, there is a reason for bringing it up. Do we want real
effective change, or do we want punishment and control. It's a given
that the vast majority of human caused climate change is blamed on the
USA. Therefore, the USA must pay dearly. If that's our attitude, then
we are wrong.

AG Schnozz