Re: [OM] Way OT: Power supply for low voltage LED landscape lighting

Subject: Re: [OM] Way OT: Power supply for low voltage LED landscape lighting
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 22:42:54 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Appreciate all the comments.   Seems we have two votes for the DC controller.
I am trying to roll my own but am talking 3-4 fixtures only. The commercial
esthetic LED landscape fixtures
will be from different manufacturers.  They all recommend their own
transformers and no data is provided on whether they have any kind of LED
driver.  Except for Kichler it seems most
transformers are AC.  Asking the the other manufacturers whether the DC LED
controller will not void the warranty is like pulling teeth--they say must use
their unit or one "approved."

I wish to be able to control the lights from my phone.  I think the Vera plus
will do fine with that.  Our driveway T's in front of our house and that and
the walkway are quite dark. When a Nor'easter last March
destroyed our two cherry trees we looked into putting up a lamp post but
putting in a  conduit for 110V was problematic ---around here at least.  We get
reports of our energy consumption compared to our neighbors and we are on the
frugal side.  I also value dark skies  but just want a few lights so we and
company can see enough to maneuver and it may as well be an aesthetic addition.
Thanks again,
Making progress, Mike