Re: [OM] Way OT: Power supply for low voltage LED landscape lighting

Subject: Re: [OM] Way OT: Power supply for low voltage LED landscape lighting
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 05:42:58 -0700
> From: usher99@xxxxxxx
>
> Our driveway T's in front of our house and that and the walkway are quite
> dark...  I also value dark skies  but just want a few lights so we and
> company can see enough to maneuver and it may as well be an aesthetic
> addition.

Have you considered something like this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-20X-24LED-Solar-Power-PIR-Motion-Sensor-Wall-Light-Outdoor-Garden-Shed-Lamp-MY/253587656710?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=552800034211&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I got six of these for under $50, and I couldn't be happier. Zero electric
bill! They are on low ("night light" level) until they detect motion, when they
automagically switch to bright, then time-out to low again when the motion
stops.

No, they don't turn on and off by phone. And their background glow may be more
light pollution than you want. But otherwise, this seems like a ready-made
solution for what you're trying to engineer, only much simpler and probably
cheaper.

Jan