Re: [OM] Michelin Man I Am

Subject: Re: [OM] Michelin Man I Am
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 23:14:27 -0800
> Steel toes suck in cold weather.

Fortunately, we got the composite type instead of the steel.

These are the normal workboots. (VERY comfortable). Good down to
something like -40(F or C):
https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-DAVENPORT-6-400G-CT-WP.html

These are the extreme workboots. Good down to something like -100C/-148F):
https://www.army-navy-store.com/eni/proddetail.php?prod=126819

I'll take their word for it. I'm really not interested in testing them
below -100F.

The parka, bib, gloves and headgear are all arctic extreme stuff. This
is all standard "base level" arctic survival gear required by the
oil/gas industry up here. You can't even think about getting onto a
facility without your gear bag containing it and every inch of exposed
clothing has to be frame-resistant. (HRC2 for bare arc-flash minimum
protection and HRC4 for the insulated stuff).

The duffel bag, with all the gear in it, weighs almost 50 pounds.
Whoa! But I'm not interested in freezing to death in case we have an
emergency situation.

AK Schnozz