[OM] Flowers, Bees and Flutterbys [was FF - Visitors]

Subject: [OM] Flowers, Bees and Flutterbys [was FF - Visitors]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 20:00:34 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Looks good, thanks for posting.  Especially like the Monarch on the zinnia.  We
may be 28 deg (hard frost) overnight on Thurs and you may be coooolder
there--there go the nectar sources.  Bah.    I hope the Monarchs are well on
their way to their Mexican wintering forests.  Curiously I sat next to Stephen
Reppert at dinner last Saturday at  the annual meeting of MA chapter of NABA.
I had about 50 questions but did not want to interfere with his dinner too much.
He excused himself a bit early to change the slides for his talk and put more
of the experimental data back in for this audience.   He is a profoundly gifted
speaker with very elegant experiments.  How he metamorphosized   to become  a
Monarch  navigation researcher.
after completing a pediatric residency is a mystery.

http://reppertlab.org/migration/skylight-cues/

BTW, the 60 macro appears to be sharper than the PL 100-400.  No CU diopter on
any of these?

Google maps and Marnie to navigate, Mike