Re: [OM] OT: Cell Phones

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Cell Phones
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 16:02:28 -0400
Having  a "locked" cell phone is a bit like having a vehicle that only runs on either petrol or diesel. The locked phone is only operative on the network to which the phone is dedicated. Here in Canada one can get a locked phone unlocked for a token amount now that the Federal government has legislated against the continuation of locking by carriers who wish to recover the cost of subsidized phones by denying the portability of the phone number to another carrier.

jh