Re: [OM] Precise Picture Placement Predicament--I.E. GEOTAG

Subject: Re: [OM] Precise Picture Placement Predicament--I.E. GEOTAG
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 11:49:06 -0800
Coordinated Moose wrote:
> There's an interesting thing here in tagging photos that doesn't apply to
> most GPS uses. The tags are of the location of
> the device, not that of the subject. I like teles, and the distance to the
> subject may be considerable, and thus
> inaccurate by nature. I have posted one image of a subject eight miles from
> the camera, and others quite distant.

This is one of my big challenges. I take a picture of a mountain and I
have no clue which mountain it is that I shot. That is definitely an
unique issue here in Anchorage as there are 15,000 square miles of
mountain peaks in just the Chugach range. I can see over a dozen named
mountains just from the house. I "think" I can actually name and
identify two of them.

AK Schnozz