Re: [OM] IMGS: Las Familias

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Las Familias
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 14:28:07 -0500
They are not unhappy.  They are the happiest people I've ever met; however,
all they have is their family and their land.  They work so hard on the
land only to have hurricanes, drought, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes wipe
out everything every few years.  Now they have TVs and cell phones and they
can see how other people in the world live.  Especially the USA, which
looks like the promised land on most television shows.  They want their
share of that promised land.  If I could tell them anything, it would be to
stay home and love their kids and forget about everything that glitters in
the USA.  Many of their problems are a result of our interference in their
countries, starting with United Fruit and going through drugs and gangs.  I
hope none of the 100 or so families I've stayed with in Honduras and
Guatemala are in the caravans headed this way but I would not be surprised
if they are.

Thanks,

Tina

<http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography/3B49552F-90A0-4D0A-A11D-2175C937AA91/Tina+Manley.html>