Re: [OM] Precise Picture Placement Predicament--I.E. GEOTAG

Subject: Re: [OM] Precise Picture Placement Predicament--I.E. GEOTAG
From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 15:18:14 -0500
Would be nice if EXIF also included compass direction of view!
--tom

On 29 Oct 2018 at 11:49 re:"Re: [OM] Precise Picture Placement ..."
     Ken Norton(Ken Norton <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>) wrote:

> Coordinated Moose wrote:
> > There's an interesting thing here in tagging photos that doesn't apply to
> > most GPS uses. The tags are of the location of
> > the device, not that of the subject. I like teles, and the distance to the
> > subject may be considerable, and thus
> > inaccurate by nature. I have posted one image of a subject eight miles from
> > the camera, and others quite distant.
>
> This is one of my big challenges. I take a picture of a mountain and I
> have no clue which mountain it is that I shot. That is definitely an
> unique issue here in Anchorage as there are 15,000 square miles of
> mountain peaks in just the Chugach range. I can see over a dozen named
> mountains just from the house. I "think" I can actually name and
> identify two of them.
>
> AK Schnozz
> --

"Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work." -- Naomi Bloom
“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” —
Albert Einstein
  _~o           "It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the
 _-\<,_         contours of a country best,
(_)/ (_)        since you have to sweat up the hills
    and coast down them. " ~ Ernest Hemingway
“Don’t buy upgrades, ride up grades.”—Eddy Merckx.
   tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633 tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Skype:Abacurial
   http://Information.Architecture.Abacurial.com Twitter Facebook

P Est-ce c'est necessaire d'imprimer ce courriel?/Do you really need to print
this email?