Re: [OM] Precise Picture Placement Predicament--I.E. GEOTAG

Subject: Re: [OM] Precise Picture Placement Predicament--I.E. GEOTAG
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 10:31:23 -0800
From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Would be nice if EXIF also included compass direction of view!
WOULD be nice!

But the only thing GPS knows about is a single location.

They COULD put little magnetic compass in cameras, but I don’t know of anyone
doing that

You didn't read the whole thread before answering?

, even on phones

Yes, phones have compasses, at least iPhones and Google phones. And they put the direction in which they were pointed when a pic was taken in EXIF.

, although I don’t keep up with phone tech.

Clearly not, as phones with compasses go back to the Google G1, in 2008, and
the iPhone 4 in '09 or'10.

Why post an answer when you know you don't know?

Puzzled Moose