Re: [OM] "Those Girls" play Seattle

Subject: Re: [OM] "Those Girls" play Seattle
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 13:21:37 -0800
On 11/6/2018 11:14 PM, Peter Klein wrote:
Thanks, Moose, Paul, and Phillipe.

Phillipe, check out their Web site, there are videos of a couple of their songs.

Moose, you'll love this.  At the archeological park near Syracusa, Sicily, there is a cave called Dionysius' Ear. It has amazing acoustics--outside, you can hear anything people are saying inside. And inside, it resonates and echoes beautifully.  People love to sing in the cave. While we were there, an Italian lady sang a couple of songs--beautifully. Then I decided to sing the bass part to "Matona Mia Cara," a rather racy 16th-century Italian madrigal wherein a German mercenary soldier tries to woo a local lady in very bad Italian.
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=matona+mia+cara&t=ffab&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=lmf2H7IxNDY>

Sounds delightful!

Less ancient, I imagine less interesting, but much closer; here is a place we visit occasionally where Carol can sing with resonance. :-) <https://photos.app.goo.gl/N57zCeSm6PNRDark8>

Echo of Moose