Re: [OM] OT : Californians' first hand advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] OT : Californians' first hand advice needed
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 11:42:42 -0900
I forgot. You did mention February. It depends on what end of February
you're talking about. If it's the first half, the days are pretty
short. Second half and they are still short, but definitely a big
improvement.

Temperatures and weather conditions vary a lot depending on where you
are. Anchorage is actually pretty temperate compared to the "interior"
of Alaska. Valdez and Whittier will be a winter wonderland the likes
you've probably never seen before. But we have mountains all around us
and you don't have to travel far to see world-class scenery. If you
are into skiing, snow-shoeing, snowmobiling, etc., there are few
places better in the entire world. Add fat tire bicycling to that
list.

The other day, I experienced -25F at the Yukon River. In another month
or two, that would be considered a serious heat wave. Just north of
Thompson Pass, it was well below freezing and snowing, but once we
crossed the pass, it was rainy and above freezing.

AG