Re: [OM] Remote living

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote living
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 13:40:22 -0800
> From: john hudson <om4t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I came across this piece on BBC.com about remote living and thought that
> there might be some interest from those who want to escape from the treadmill
> of modern life:
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-45046023

You can escape 99% of modern life and not be THAT remote! :-)

I live on an island. That place is a peninsula. You could walk out of there!

(Seriously, our island has three ferry terminals, and a boat leaving from at
least one of them about once an hour. It isn't really all that remote. But it
does take five hours to get to Bellingham, Washington, which is just 30 miles
away.)

But I do hate leaving, and when I do, I get my business done "across the water"
and then get the next boat home. And eBay delivers here. :-)

Jan