Re: [OM] OT: Facebook Failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Facebook Failure
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 11:03:59 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Facebook came back up fully about 15 minutes ago.  I got off a couple of
postings to let friends know what had been happening, just in case they shut
down again.  For now, the overall quality of the connection is better than
average as I don't have to reload to get the notification function.

     I looked at the TCP activity and saw that I was connected through the same
dfw5 server that has been the problem for most of the time.  Other problem
servers were lga2 (La Guardia?) and atl2 (Atlanta).

     When I'm using the coffee shop wifi I'm usually connected to the lax2
server.  So, there has been a distinct difference in the connectivity from one
server to another.

<<SNIP>>

>Because Facebook is so popular, it is a favorite platform to attack
>with malicious links. How many users on facebook have computers that
>are compromised? Redirecting searches is also common malware.
>Unfortunately the safest things to do usually breaks so many things
>users bypass them (eg. noscript)

<<SNIP>>

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson