[OM] Sicilian wedding

Subject: [OM] Sicilian wedding
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 18:28:34 -0800
We visited Modica, known as a "Baroque" town because it was destroyed by an earthquake in 1693 and rebuilt in the Baroque style. While there, we got to see the beginning of a traditional wedding, grandly staged on the steps of the Duomo of St. Peter.

The groom waits for the bride with his parents at the top of the church staircase.  Guests arrive and are duly photographed.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/45327125444/in/dateposted-public/>

The photographers wear uniforms of sorts, albeit with sensible shoes, while the wedding director choreographs the proceedings.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/44235738230/in/dateposted-public/>

The bride arrives with her parents in a classic car.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/45327125274/in/dateposted-public/>

The bride ascends the church staircase with her father, mother and (probably) brother follow.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/44235737880/in/dateposted-public/>

A closer shot of the "bridal car." Can anyone identify it? (I'm talking to you, Jim Shulman).
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/45327125124/in/dateposted-public/>

Bonus:  A Sicilian signorina demonstrates the local method of making chocolate. They say they got it from the Spanish, who got it from the Aztecs.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/45327123044/in/dateposted-public/>

Olympus E-M5 and  20/1.7 (chocolate) and 45/1.8 (wedding).  The wedding photos were taken standing on a bench outside the chocolate shop in a light drizzle, with the camera held over my head. It was worth it.  Enjoy!

--Peter