Re: [OM] OT: Matla Airplane Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Matla Airplane Crash
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 18:09:22 +0000
Interesting, Piers.  It’s a shame that the investigation was largely
inconclusive.

It reminded me of a C130 which not long ago adopted a similar nose-up attitude
after takeoff and stalled into the ground.  The investigation discovered that
one of the crew had jammed a box between the control column and the instrument
panel so as to maintain the elevators almost fully up to allow a large load to
be moved into the fuselage.  No one checked the controls before takeoff . . .

Chris