Re: [OM] Meet real precision

Subject: Re: [OM] Meet real precision
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 22:07:47 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Horo Logical Moose writes:

<<Both the history of clocks, (esp. the drive to develop a shipboard clock
accurate enough for latitude determination) and chaos theory show that such a
design can never be very accurate. Smaller size/higher frequency make for
accuracy.

<<Among my too many watches, a $10 Chinese off brand and a $40 Timex are the
ones that don't need resetting between time and battery changes.

<<BTW, I can't imagine you wouldn't enjoy a visit to the Willard House & Clock
Museum <https://willardhouse.org/>  in Grafton. We spent a pleasant and
informative hour or so on the tour. I can't imagine you wouldn't find the gear
making machines fascinating.

I can't imagine that place wouldn't be interesting.  Tx for mentioning again.

There are some watches that sync to atomic clocks automagically and use solar
to keep the batteries up. Might be overkill for many.  My nephew and his ilk
just use phones for time---a procedure not to my liking.

What time is it really? Mike