Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 17:42:37 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>3. The Epicenter is less than 10 miles from the house.

     Yikes!  You had a ring side seat.

>4. Aftershocks are quite the ride. The first two knocked down a bunch
>more stuff.

     <<SNIP>>

>9. Did I mention the aftershocks? I think we're experience more
>continuous movement than stillness. The leaves on the houseplants are
>in motion most of the time.

     I've been watching the USGS map all day.  You've just had a considerable
swarm of M2.6 to M3.6 events in the past hour.  They are still at a depth of
about 35km.  To be realistic, this could continue for days.

     The good thing is that you are not injured.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson