Re: [OM] contre-jour lighting

Subject: Re: [OM] contre-jour lighting
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 22:42:31 -0800
On 12/1/2018 4:08 PM, john hudson wrote:
That was the cover image.

I should have referred to image 34 of 60

Would have helped. I quit at about 10, out of boredom. I don't know who most of
these people are, nor care.

which, in my opinion, is the best of all 60.

With a photographic goal, I made it to #34. I think my favorite of those 34, photographically, is #24, with the terrific capture of the shaft of sunlight on the bride.

I think the answer to your question is that it's impossible to know. That her dress has enough brightness to see detail, while his uniform is all shadow, suggests some manipulation, but it all depends on what light there may have been from behind the photographer.

It's also impossible to tell if the background is pure shallow DoF or was blurred in post. I suspect it may be the latter, as most contemporary lenses don't have bokeh that smooth.

A snippish answer is that it may have been slightly manipulated, but not "subject to
extensive PhotoShopping". ;-)

Do photographers change brightness and blur backgrounds to focus on the bride? Oh yeah! <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Brides/_A009486cr.htm>

Sometimes, the photographer gets special treatment, too. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Brides/_A009505cr.htm>

But perhaps not the mother of the bride. :-)
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Brides/_A009487cr.htm>

Bridal Shower Moose