Re: [OM] Drones

Subject: Re: [OM] Drones
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 16:38:34 -0500
Yes, the recent video that went viral of the baby bear cub trying to catch
up to it's mother on a snowy mountain was caused by a drone buzzing the
animals and scaring the baby.

I would never do that.  We do have some hawks I might want to buzz,
though.  Only after they attack my chickens.  One of my favorites was
attacked and killed yesterday.  Jasmine was in the house and she usually
keeps the hawks away.

Tina

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 4:35 PM Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > But it would be illegal, I reckon :-)
>
> I think that there would be a strong "temporary insanity" defense.  ;)
>

> FWIW they are illegal in parks and other such public places as well as
> the no-fly zone around air fields. They are very disruptive to wildlife
> and I've politely pointed that out several times to people flying drones
> at a local state park. Most were unaware of the rules (signs posted) and
> the disruption and promptly landed.Only one person was a jerk about it.
> He was totally oblivious to the active eagles/ nest he was buzzing.

> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com
tina-manley.artistwebsites.com