Re: [OM] Drones

Subject: Re: [OM] Drones
From: Christopher Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 17:00:16 -0500
You need a Great Pyrenees dog. They're livestock guarding dogs. My parents have
one who HATES hawks. Every time a hawk flies over their yard she runs after it,
barking the whole time, till it crosses the property line. These hawks fly high
in the air, and she sees them and chases!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

On 12/2/18, 4:38 PM, "olympus on behalf of Tina Manley"
<olympus-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
tmanley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Yes, the recent video that went viral of the baby bear cub trying to catch
    up to it's mother on a snowy mountain was caused by a drone buzzing the
    animals and scaring the baby.

    I would never do that.  We do have some hawks I might want to buzz,
    though.  Only after they attack my chickens.  One of my favorites was
    attacked and killed yesterday.  Jasmine was in the house and she usually
    keeps the hawks away.

    Tina

    On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 4:35 PM Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    wrote:

    > > But it would be illegal, I reckon :-)
    >
    > I think that there would be a strong "temporary insanity" defense.  ;)
    >

    > FWIW they are illegal in parks and other such public places as well as
    > the no-fly zone around air fields. They are very disruptive to wildlife
    > and I've politely pointed that out several times to people flying drones
    > at a local state park. Most were unaware of the rules (signs posted) and
    > the disruption and promptly landed.Only one person was a jerk about it.
    > He was totally oblivious to the active eagles/ nest he was buzzing.

    > --

    Tina Manley
    www.tinamanley.com
    tina-manley.artistwebsites.com