Re: [OM] Drones

Subject: Re: [OM] Drones
From: Willie Wonka via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 22:52:31 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
 The saddest video I have ever seen was ironically from an older America's
Funniest Videos show in which a father and a son were playing with the family
pet hamster on the backyard. The hamster was on the top of the cage chewing
happily on something when suddenly a hawk showed up from nowhere and grabbed it
in its claws. Although, the humans were within an arms reach, everything
happened so fast that they were unable to react.
OTOH, in Bulgaria there is an unique hawk species which while it plays, it
ascents very high in the sky, then stops and freely falls randomly rotating as
it were shot. Once it reaches about 10-20m (30-60ft), it stops pretending and
repeats. I was lucky to experience that on number of occasions. Pretty sure
there is a video somewhere on youtube...
Best
Boris
Subject: Re: [OM] DronesFrom: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>Date: Sun, 2 Dec
2018 16:38:34 -0500Yes, the recent video that went viral of the baby bear cub
trying to catchup to it's mother on a snowy mountain was caused by a drone
buzzing theanimals and scaring the baby.
I would never do that.  We do have some hawks I might want to buzz,though.
Only after they attack my chickens.  One of my favorites wasattacked and killed
yesterday.  Jasmine was in the house and she usuallykeeps the hawks away.
Tina