Re: [OM] Stock Photography Today

Subject: Re: [OM] Stock Photography Today
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 10:43:42 -0800
> From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> And I just got this notice this morning:
>
> Tina, you've made a sale!
> Your file "Persepolis" just sold.
>
> Your commission
>
> $0.24

Welcome to the "gig economy."

We have a 16-year-old German student here for the winter. He wants to be a
software entrepreneur. He is all excited about the fact that you can just put
something on the Internet, and people will actually buy it.

So he became an Apple Developer, wrote an app, and put it on the Apple Store.
He can't even make me understand what the app actually does, and I used to
develop software!

After four months, he dejectedly told me, "My app has made 349 so far."

I said, "WOW! 349 dollars? THAT's GREAT!"

"No," he said, "I made $3.49."

Jan