Re: [OM] Stock Photography Today

Subject: Re: [OM] Stock Photography Today
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 09:51:58 -0900
> And today Alamy has announced that the photographer's share is going from
> 50% to 40%.  :-(
>
> Really not worth the time now to upload and keyword for most sales but I'm
> still making just enough to keep me submitting.  I don't know about with a
> reduced share!!

I've been upside down on the cost/revenue thing with Alamy for 10
years now. But my sales are actually starting to go up enough now that
I've gotten a couple of deposits this year. That's hard to do at $0.24
per sale -- soon to be $0.10. It's the rare ones that sell for $75-250
that keep me doing this.

It really is a numbers game. I know we're not supposed to do similars,
but that's the only way to make the sale. A single stand-along image
never sells, but if it's part of 20, it'll sell.

AG