Re: [OM] Alamy

Subject: Re: [OM] Alamy
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 10:10:15 -0500
I belong to a list of the top Alamy photographers (ASS) who are all very
skeptical of the exclusive offer.  There is no way to track exclusivity
these days.  They suspect that Alamy will promote (and sell) the
non-exclusive listings because they will get a bigger cut.  It's a very
pessimistic group, but they have all been stock photographers for many
years and have no hopes for the future of business.  Most are threatening
to stop submitting any new work to Alamy but the other stock agencies have
been at 60/40 or even lower for many years.  It was their complaints to
Alamy that caused Alamy to reconsider and offer the 50/50 for exclusivity.

Tina

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 2:24 AM Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just got an e-mail the other day that the 50% has been reinstated for
> images that are exclusive to Alamy—no idea how they keep track of that.
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
>
> Alicante, Spain
> http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

> YNWA

> > On 20 Dec 2018, at 19:38, Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Sales from Alamy, mostly.  They have just reduced their contributor cut
> > from 50% to 40% so it's getting harder all the time!
>
> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com
tina-manley.artistwebsites.com