Re: [OM] ultra wide ?

Subject: Re: [OM] ultra wide ?
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 06:42:14 -0700
photo processing...

My life was so pre-occupied the last number of years, only now am I getting
back to photography. Perhaps Photoshop/Lightroom is still the way to go since I
have some familiarity with it. I'll never catch up to Moose-pertise or
Norton-craft ... and many others on this list.

I feel like such a photog beginner these days. Is there really anything better
than the Adobe-oligopoly?

I considered PaintShop pro with recent discounts until I found out the latest
versions lock to single PC. Since I have several computers and/or often
re-install the OS on occasion, PC failures... I didn't want to deal with the
hassle to transfer the license, etc. I read somewhere they think it is a small
percentage of their users who need that, but likely the small percentage is
because people like me don't get their software because of it.

I was investigating the FOSS approach. Although this is Linux oriented, many
programs mentioned run on Windows or OSx, but that defeats the single flow. I'm
not opposed to Linux if I can to the whole flow on one machine. So I'm thinking
Adobe is probably going to be the choice? I have no experience with the
following.

https://www.linuxjournal.com/content/photography-and-linux
Software mentioned:

Rawtherapee