Re: [OM] 25mm lens choice

Subject: Re: [OM] 25mm lens choice
From: Christopher Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 20:53:09 -0500
I have two Panasonic lenses that I use on my Pen-F. The 15mm f1.7 Leica, and
the 45-150mm f4-5.6 Panasonic. Neither have purple fringing. I have used the
Panasonic Leica 8-18mm f2.8-4 and it didn't have it either.

I have not used the Panasonic 25mm lens, but I have the Olympus 25mm f1.8 and
it is very sharp.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

On 1/7/19, 5:24 PM, "olympus on behalf of Moose"
<olympus-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    On 1/7/2019 11:44 AM, Mike Bloor wrote:
    > Does anyone have recommendations on a 25mm lens for the OM-D range? I was
initially thinking of Pany/Leica f/1.4, but
    > reading reviews by people who bought both that and the Olympus f/1.8,
most ended up selling the Pany and keeping the
    > Olympus.
    >
    > How does the Pany f/1.7 compare with the Olympus f/1.8, apart from being
a good deal cheaper?

    Panny lenses on Oly bodies can exhibit a purple fringing that is NOT CA,
but a result of different internal UV filters.
    <http://alanwatsonforster.org/writing/mft-purple.html>

    This may even be part of the reason for the PLeica f1.4 vs Oly f1.8 choices
mentioned above. It's very easy to
    misidentify the fringing as CA.

    If you plan to stay with Oly bodies*, the Oly lens is probably the better
choice.

    Fringed Moose

    * Which I am almost certainly not.