Re: [OM] 25mm lens choice

Subject: Re: [OM] 25mm lens choice
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 00:15:38 -0500 (EST)
File this under close but no cigar:
I have the original Panasonic 20mm. It had some problem that the internet
trolls made into abig think, so it was replaced by the 20..II version, but I'm
so happy with mine I didn't bother to upgrade. I'm quite happy with my flaed
version, and recommend it highly. Order one from KEH or B&H and shoot a bit and
if your's has a fatal flaw, just send back and get the newer version. Otherwise
take the savings and get some good wine. I know you want a 25, but, I never
liked a 50, and when I got my first good camera, it was a Nikon F with 35mm.
When I moved to Oly, I used the 28 mot of all. Then I got a Contax G2 which had
not a 50 but a 40 or 45. I've only had a few lenses I thought were truly
dismal, the Nikkor 43-86 and the Oly 35/2, but damn, the Zeiss-Kyocera lenses
for the G2 were the best lenses I've ever used in any format. But anyway, I got
reinvigorated by that 50, it gave me the nifty I never got out of a 50. Too bad
the AF on the Contax stunk. Try a 20, it might do the same for y
 ou.