Re: [OM] Even More . . . Moose and Carol visit gallery--warning, maximal

Subject: Re: [OM] Even More . . . Moose and Carol visit gallery--warning, maximally on topic
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 15:29:36 -0600
Interesting link, Mike.  Thanks!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

<<It looks very natural with you cooling it off but I think I prefer something a
<<bit warmer given the nature of the illuminant.

Clearly not icteric Moose responds
<Well, at least I'm not yellow, no jaundice.

Blame the pesky LED's and cam sensors response.   It is NOT just a WB issue. We
had a free energy audit and they replaced my low W incandescent with warm but
lowish CRI  LED's in the overhead chandelier.  I just recently found some LED's
that might be acceptable though low W LED's with that base have been hard to
source.   Often the non very high CRI warm LED's have very poor R9 values (even
negative) so not enough red and skin tones look sallow especially on a cam
sensor.  (CRI usually includes R1-R8, but very high CRI LED's with good
phosphors often have OK R9)  I have not  bothered to fix the lights inertia
being what it is.

https://www.waveformlighting.com/film-photography/why-cri-r9-is-so-important-for-skin-tones-a-spectral-analysis

Warmish OK but Zombie look, not,  Mike