Re: [OM] Pay / banking apps questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Pay / banking apps questions
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 14:42:00 +0100
In the Netherlands, paying by phone is not very widely used yet (the
alternatives here are cheap and work really good). Apple and Google don't
work here. But you can usually pay with a credit card with PIN, sometimes
only if you accept an additional fee.

With the Brexit in mind:

If you buy a SIM in the EU, the (phone minutes/ data) plan you buy on the
SIM will be valid everywhere in the EU (roaming is free of additional
charge), although there could be some fair use restriction regarding the
data bundle outside the country you buy it (at least here in the
Netherlands).

If you (partly) travel after the Brexit, be aware that the roaming in the
EU of UK cards could be restricted somehow, and roaming in the UK on EU
cards as well.

More info: <
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/internet-telecoms/mobile-roaming-costs/index_en.htm