Re: [OM] IMG: Lonely I-phone kid at dusk

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Lonely I-phone kid at dusk
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 10:08:47 -0800
On 1/21/2019 1:45 PM, Philippe wrote:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Thai+roof+and+kids-0235.jpg.html

How do you know he's lonely?

Alone is external. Lonely is internal.

I'm not talking about connections he may have on the phone. I'm thinking about the concentration and engagement he may have as he composes his photo of the cracks or other details of the surface.

Been there, not lonely. Still go there. Detail of a paving stone set in a brick walkway. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/eXxe36PcYDtPNXL87>

At least hundreds of people walk over it every day, maybe a couple of thousand.  I'll bet not one in a million notices the stone, really sees it.

For a few minutes away from the others, I go into alone mode; which has its own special freedom - then back into social mode, which has its own rich rewards.

Moose