Re: [OM] theft [was: OT: not quite]

Subject: Re: [OM] theft [was: OT: not quite]
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 10:20:59 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Somewhat the same here.  I have OM-1/n and OM-2/n cameras, which I liked
very much until the E-500 came around and film became expensive.  I did obtain
an OM-10 that came with a lens I wanted.  Did not like the OM-10 as it looked
more like a toy and did not do the job one bit better.

     Same with the E-500/10/20 series.  Newer models are way out my budget, and
I've adapted to the very few shortcomings.  And I'll never invest in a digital
lens as I have found the MF glass to be all that I require.

     No need for a "trophy wife" as I never bothered with the economy models.

>> ... while in a small shop just a few feet
>> away,  before we could check into our hotel,  the car was broken
>> into,  and all gone...
>>
>> Any thoughts ?
>
>So sorry for your loss! It must feel like a personal violation.

     <<SNIP>>

>The "abortive loyalists" I've experienced all appear lost, switching
>systems like some people change clothes, like the mid-age crisis guy
>who buys a red sports car and divorces his wife of 30 years, and ends
>up going through several "trophy wives" afterward. There's a lot to
>be said for the comforting feel of a system you know well.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson