Re: [OM] IMG: Mystery Car - Piers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Mystery Car - Piers
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 09:20:17 -0600
I don't mean to intrude, but how about the sentence:  "That's the way it is."  ?

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 2/3/2019 3:24 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
I can’t envisage any use of “it is” (or “it’s”) at the end of a sentence, Philippe, except
perhaps colloquially or in older forms of the language.  But the rule is that the possessive pronoun has no apostrophe, whereas the
contraction of the phrase “it is” does.

Chris