Re: [OM] OT Travelling from Canada to USA

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Travelling from Canada to USA
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 20:41:34 -0800
On 2/4/2019 6:31 AM, Mike Bloor wrote:
I am planning to visit Northern New York State, near Rochester. My travel options are (1) fly Dublin to New York, 3 1/2 hour wait, fly on to Rochester, taxi to destination and (2) fly Dublin to Toronto, hire a car, drive to Rochester. Option 1 involves around three hours of passing through pre-immigration at Dublin Airport, which is a nightmare,

It is, indeed. Any idea why that's so? Some jurisdictional disagreement? Airport security seems to me as through/careful as any in the US. Then we stood in an endless line, waiting for a rather perfunctory bag check and passport check.

Trust the airport bag check/person check, assign more people to immigration
control, and it could all be a breeze.

so option 2 looks attractive.

Don't know a thing about any of that. Have a nice trip!

Travelin' Moose