[OM] [OT] Vision in flight

Subject: [OM] [OT] Vision in flight
From: Brian Gray via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 16:42:13 +0000
Cc: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Olympus List <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Fascinating.   I was particularly interested in the photo with a plane and a
red cross in view.  Viewed on a desktop with one eye, I was surprised that I
could ‘lose’ the plane by moving my head to and from the screen, with the plane
visible before and after the blind spot. I knew theoretically of the blind spot
due to the optic nerve but had not demonstrated it so effectively before.
I have travelled as a passenger with one eyed car drivers and thought their
only problem was with distance judgement (which they tried to allow for with a
larger margin that normal).
Brian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10