[OM] Nathan's PAD 16/2/2019: swords to plowshares, kind of

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 16/2/2019: swords to plowshares, kind of
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 19:09:18 +0100
Earlier today, I went to the centre to have a look at a community event that
was taking place and that promised good photo opportunities. It took place on a
large square called Plaza Seneca. During the Spanish Civil War a number of bomb
shelters were built beneath the square, since Alicante was frequently bombed by
the Italian air force during the closing stages of the war. Today, the shelters
have been restored and can be visited by appointment. I was delighted to see
children playing on top of the shelter entrances, and so I offer thes four
images:

A door leading to one of the shelters:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-RKZVdCH/A

Two girls:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-x2D8DBQ/A

A boy climbing to the top:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-w3GMVRx/A

Boys sliding down:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-KFrFzQs/A

All four images with the Leica M8 and 50mm Summilux (from the 1960s).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain