Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/2/2019: taking a 10-year old Panasonic for a sp

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/2/2019: taking a 10-year old Panasonic for a spin
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 08:02:10 +0100
Actually, our of curiosity I looked at some of the cameras Moose suggests (GM5,
but also other, newer Panasonics). What I found confirmed to me that the best
option is to save my money and just keep the GF1. The newer models have better
sensors, sure, but since this camera is only for cycling, and the sun shines
here most of the year, high ISO performance is not that important in this case.
But what the new models also have are a number of features which I dislike,
especially touchscreens, and some which are of no relevance to me, like wifi
connectivity. The ergonomics seem much worse—I prefer the dials and reasonably
sized buttons on the GF1 to the touchscreens and joystick-type controllers on
the newer models.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman