Re: [OM] IMG: Doing Things the Old Way

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Doing Things the Old Way
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:42:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I will light a candle for it.

     Many years ago I had a H-P laptop, which I bought new.  I forget which
model.  It was an XP machine, and it lasted less than three years.  I was then
given a Dell Inspiron 6000 that a local computer "expert" had totally screwed
up when he installed Win7 over WinXP.  I managed to fix it.  I learned that
they had a good reputation, so I bought another on evilBay.  I fixed that up as
my WinXP laptop.  Then I bought another and turned it into my second Win7
laptop.

     I also have an Atari 800, which was retired a long time ago.  It was the
first computer that I bought new, and it cost as much as that H-P laptop.  You
may think of it as a high tech toy, but I wrote the very first software for
high frequency design and analysis with it.  It gave me a significant advantage
as a designer for many years.

     They just keep going, and going, and going...

>Be prayerful, Chris.  My WinXP machine has died.
>

>>       I'm sitting here happily typing away on my WinXP machine
>>with a smile on my face.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson