Re: [OM] Pretty Pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] Pretty Pictures
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 23:42:31 -0800
Definitely have taken a lichen to some.

Ba -dum-bum :-)

Did you notice the FL of that one?

Marnie and I liked the dramatic seed pod. I think I sent you a link to story on the record low number of western Monarchs.

You did, indeed. That shot is meant as proof of life.

They are approaching the minimal self-sustaining threshold.

According to modeling of a chaotic system. Not saying they aren't in trouble; that seems likely. Just doubt the predictive accuracy of the model.

The GX-9 is reported to be able to use low energy blue tooth to geotag via a phone on the fly.

Yeah, I looked for that briefly early on, got lost 'tween BT and WiFi in the menus on both devices. Might get back to it, but don't bet on it.

Even if cam turned off, others have reported 10 sec to reestablish BT connection and 3 sec to geotag. Might be more problem than its worth

If so, that's too slow. I've fought that before, with a couple of P&Ss with GPS. By the time the GPS is ready, it's too late. Reason one to ignore.

but if next gen phone super accurate and only using Pannys with that ability,
might be worth it.

What I have is more accurate than the phone. Reason two, to skip it.

I can see it getting confused with multiple cams though.

I thought of that, too. Reason three to skip it.

Three Strikes Moose