Re: [OM] Enhance Details

Subject: Re: [OM] Enhance Details
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 20:28:38 -0800
<<Apples and oranges, dood. The GM5 is tiny and light, and cute, well, OK,
adorable, and an excellent camera. The GXs are bigger, heavier, but add IBIS, Sync
IS, focus stacking, etc.

All still fruit. The GX8 is hardly huge--clearly smaller than E-m1 Mk2.

The GX8 is the size/weight aberrant one. Naming in Japan makes it all clearer, GX85 is GX7 II, GX9 is GX7 III. It would appear the GX8 was not a hit in Japan as a follow on to the successful GX7, so they went back to the smaller size and reclaimed the successful name. I don't know if it worked there, but I'm glad.

Appreciate the clarifications on the GX85.   Some of this stuff isn't that
clear on that cam size comparison site. Your observations are much more
valuable.

Always hoping to help. ;-)

<<<Where/how are you encountering this crazy good stuff?

Hand held later day shots, and even blurring water.  Remember that odd rock
wall in Bhutan with all the flowers and the falling water---able to blur that
hand-held (as a test of concept) and have the flowers sharp.

Ah, that's clearer. When I search on IBIS, I get these guys who claim to hand hold 15-30 second exposures. For what you describe Panny Sync IS should work fine. I've got good 1 sec exposures @ 43 mm and 400 mm @ maybe 1/10 - 1/20.

Steady as she goes, Mike

Ex Helmsman Moose